Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Aegean Cat Breed Characteristics




If you are the owner of an Aegean then you have an intelligent cat that wants to please their humans.  This cat breed is social, talkative and playful.  A medium sized cat that is a good choice for small house or apartment.

Aegean cats originate from the Cycladic Islands in the Aegean Sea.  This intelligent cat is renowned for their skills in pest control.  

My cat Missy is the first one on the scene whenever a fly, roach or field mouse enters our home.  She has stealth like skills and knows exactly what needs to be done to get rid of all of the pests in our house.

Aegean cats like being around their humans Missy is always trying to get my attention.  While I work at my desk she will tap my hand with her paw repeatedly until I stop to get her attention.  She is also insistent when it comes to time for play.  If I do not stop whatever I am doing she will bring her toys to me and drop them at my feet.  

I think this cat breed makes a perfect companion for a person who lives alone. The cat is an attentive companion.
Aegean Kitten /14 weeks

Characteristics
The Aegean cat is semi long haired cats, with no down hair, however there is a slight ruff.  The cats coat will provide the cat with warmth especially if it goes indoors and outdoors in winter.  In the summer the cat will shed the winter coat.  So it is best to groom your cat weekly to prevent a build up hair on your floors and furniture.

Markings and Coat Colors
The Aegean cats coat is a bi-color and the primary color is white.  The white fur takes up to 1/3 to 2/3 of the body.  Other coat colors appear with or without stripes.

This medium sized cat has a muscular build.  The body is long, with medium size and rounded shaped paws. The tail is long and straight.  The head is medium in size and the ears hare a wide base, rounded tips and are covered with hairs.  The eyes are beautiful shades of green and have a slight oriental shape.  

Learn more about the Aegean cat by viewing this YouTube video:



Tips:  
Train Aegean cat with a clicker and they will entertaining you with their agility and their skills.  



 

No comments: