I clicker trained all five of my cats with a daily routine. I use the training period to interact with all of my cats. The time is well spent as it is good for overall cat behavior.
- I started training classes for my cats on a daily basis. The daily training is a good way to improve the cat and human bond.
- Give your cat a small portion of the treat, so they get a taste. It is better to give your cat a small treat to get their attention. If your cat loves the treats they will follow you anywhere. Which means cats that need to shed some extra pounds will eagerly follow you and your clicker all over the house.
- Provide your cat with treat immediately after training the cat a new trick or after you click.
- Click once per behavior, if you click multiple times you will confuse your cat.
- All rescued cats are clicker trained immediately as it helps with the adjustment period of being taken into the shelter.
- It is best to get all cat acclimated to a daily routine. I find that the training helps the rescued cat to bond quicker with the human.
- Cats that are trained with a clicker are more social.