Translate

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

ecoFlex Albany Outdoor Cat House Review

 I bought mossy oak ecoFlex Albany outdoor cat insulated house for feral and stay cats and have used it for the last three years. This cat house is quality and made to last through the harshest winters and I would recommend this cat house to anyone who has outdoor cats.

 


Know that I liked that the walls of this house are insulated and that it comes with an escape door. The cat house was easy to put together, but I do recommend that you keep the screwdriver because you will need it to take off the roof to clean the house.  I also recommend that add any extra insulation to the house before you attach the roof.

 


 

This past winter it was bitter cold in my area and I did add reflective insulation to all walls, floor, and ceiling. I then filled it with wheat straw and two feral cats lived in the ecoFlex outdoor cat house.

 


This house has a roomy interior that allowed two cats to snuggle in the straw and stay warm throughout the winter months.

 


The only thing I did not like was the plastic door flaps were difficult to open, and they scared the feral cats. I did remove the front entrance and left the door flap on the side entrance.  Also, this particular house design should have an overhang to prevent snow and rain from getting in.  We screwed a plastic container lid to the roof of the cat house and it worked very well.

 



***The photographs shown in this blog are my original photographs of the mossy oak ecoFlex Albany outdoor cat house.

No comments: