Cats love being inside when it rains or when it is cold outside. However, when the sun is out and it is warm weather, cats all dream of going outside to play in the yard.
Normally I allow my 5 cats to lounge on my sun porch however they are always scratching at the door to get outdoors. From the looks on their face I know that they would prefer to roll around on the grass and watch the birds and butterflies.
- We insulated the indoor section so that the cats would be protected from extreme heat or cold. The shelter is where the cats could lie or get a bite to eat or drink. We needed to modify this section so that it was comfortable for cats.
- The cat grass grew in and was rather tall. We did not clip it back because it provided the cats with a fun area where they could hide.
- In the summer we provided the cat's with an oscillating fan on the outside of the coup to provide the cats with air circulation.
- The cats loved going outdoors to play in their cat garden and enclosure. We would allow them to spend the morning outdoors but on days when the heat was extreme we brought them indoors.
- Clean sandbox daily and change the sand one to two times monthly.
- If you have a small yard you could consider a small safety playhouse for the cats. This cat enclosure will provide your cats with fresh air and will keep them safe provided stray dogs do not enter your yard. It is best to set up the this playhouse in a yard that has a fence or in an area where you can keep a watchful eye on your cats. This cat playhouse is not recommended for cats with claws or for aggressive cats that do not like to be confined.
- Be creative and paint your cat cottage so it will be eye appealing for your neighbors.