Translate

Friday, September 2, 2022

Abandoned Kitten Rescued

 A gray kitten came to our feeding station a week ago, we thought it was abandoned due to its appearance. The cat is very thin and on closer observation, it looks like a 5-month-old anoxia cat, the poor thing is skin and bones.

I picked up the cat to remove the huckleberries from it, then fed it and gave it water, and decided to take it in to be checked for a microchip and for medical care.

This cat was so thin that I thought it had Feline Leukemia. I talked to my husband and we brought the frail cat inside and made it comfortable on our enclosed porch.

Two days later my husband took the kitty to the veterinarian and thought that he was taking it to be put down. I have never seen such a thin cat. We learned that it's about a year old, and that it has had kittens, that it is not diseased just suffering from malnutrition.

The cat is 3 lbs and approximately a year old.  It's a very sweet gray kitty, that needs to put on weight to be spayed.

We decided to keep the cat indoors.  The kitty will be safe from outdoor predators, and we will provide quality food, fresh water, toys, a bed, and air conditioning.  While indoors we will work to socialize this kitten to trust humans.

We have a tentative appointment in a month for this cat to be spayed. Know it breaks my heart to see this frail kitty that was abused and abandoned by her people.

Know that my husband and I are not affiliated with any charity we are people who love cats and help any injured, abandoned or hungry cat that we find in our yard.  Paying for all medical costs and food from royalties earned at our online store

Here are some photos of the kitten, we call her Gabi.







No comments: