Translate

Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Stop Cats From Messing with Decorations

 Whenever I bring out the home decorations my cats seem to gather around the table.  They are interested in the pretty shiny things and can hardly wait to get their paws on everything.



If given a chance my cats will dump over the decoration in the box so that all things fall to the carpet.  Then the “game is on” and they will play with everything by chasing the pretty things across the floor.

One year I stopped the cats from messing with my decorations by creating a “cat room” where they would go when we could not supervise their activity and to keep them away from our holiday decorations.

I have used sticky tape and have attached our Christmas tree to the ceiling.  But must tell you what I am doing now really stops the cats from messing with the decorations.

This year I plugged Feliway diffusers into the electrical outlet.  Each room has a diffuser.  Then I waited a full 10 days and the product took the edge off the room, my cats are no longer stressed or anxious, they do not hiss, and have not marked to indicate that the entire house is “theirs” in fact they do not seem to care about the holiday decorations.

None of the cats have gotten on the display shelf, and the basket of pinecones with pumpkins has not been knocked over, in fact, no paw has touched my holiday decorations since I treated the house with Feliway.

So if you have a cat that messes with your home décor you may want to buy a Feliway diffuser and calm your cat so that they don’t care about your pretty things.

No comments: