Translate

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Last Attempt to Find Cat Owner

Today I ran my last classified ad in the lost and found section in our local paper.  At 6 p.m. I got a call from a cat rescuer who was seeking lost cats from the tornado in 2011.  I got to talking to her a found that she does the same type of work as I do only on the opposite side of the city.

The civic minded cat person told me that many of the cat owners had moved away but still had hope that one day they would be reunited with their cat.  She then went on to say that many of the displaced cats were picked up in my neighborhood.

I had rescued three cats during the tornado of 2011 and tried my best to locate the owners; I ended up keeping two and placed the other in a forever home.  Tomorrow I am meeting with the cat person to look at her flyers of lost cats.  If I have any of the cats at my shelter I will make arrangements to meet with the cat owners as I will need to be compensated for the care of these cats for the last three and half years.

Many of the tornado cats that got adopted by other families have left their adopted families and walked many miles to get back to the area where they once lived.  The area has no homes and their families have moved on.  It is sad as all these cats want is to be with their families once again. 
   
Other Cat Adoption Guide posts that you may like:
Foster Cats When Disaster Strikes

No comments: