Translate

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Cats Cuddle When they are Cold

 

Cats are finicky and overall they do not like other cats but when it’s cold an amazing thing occurs. Cats will cuddle with each other, they will even cuddle with cats they don’t get along with.

This photo is of three of my rescued cats.  Oliver is in the center and he is the special needs kitty,  Frankie is the oldest at age 15 and he is to the right of Oliver. Frankie is temperamental, wanting his own space and not into togetherness.  I suppose it's due to his old age. But as you can see that doesn't seem to matter because cuddling makes a cat feel cozy and warm.

Cats like to cuddle when they feel cold

I have observed this phenomenon with my indoor cats and with the stray and feral cats that take shelter in my shed. 

The indoor cats could be bickering with each other one minute and the next minute they are cuddling with each other on the dog bed that is located next to the heat vent. My guess is they are cold and know to come together for warmth.

Frankie and Hairy cuddling on the dog's bed

Cat adoption guide phone by Sgolis
On another day these two don't get along, but today was cold so they cuddled 


Stray cats will be fighting one day over who is sleeping in the cat house in the shed. Then the next morning I will find the two cats that were hissing at each other are sleeping together. This is why I say that cats cuddle when they are cold. I guess their instinct tells them to do this.



No comments: