Translate

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Trapped Feral Tomcat for TNR

 In the summer a stray cat went into our garage and a few weeks later she had a kitten. We took care of the mother cat and her kitten and planned to trap both after the kitten was weaned. We would then do TNR for veterinarian care, sterilization, and release.


Our timetable was to get all of this accomplished by the first week of September.  But those plans went south when the 2022 inflation hit and the cost of living was too expensive and we could not afford to pay for the veterinarian care that was needed.

Normally I use the monies I earn from selling my product designs online at my Zazzle store but sales were not enough for the veterinarian care that was needed.  I  turned to my husband for support for my cat's cause.  

I communicated with our veterinarian about what was going on as they had expected me to bring in the cats for medical care.  To my surprise, they worked with me on the costs for FeLV and FIV tests, vaccines including rabies, and sterilization and I am happy to say that the feral tomcat was trapped for TNR.

The neuter went well but aftercare was 3 days in the garage before we could release to the cat colony that is overseen by caretakers. 

My photo of a feral tomcat on the day we brought him back for aftercare. 



The feral cat recovered and was transported to another colony and released.  He is doing well and the caretakers named him Church because he looks like Stephen King's Pet Cemetary cat.



No comments: