Translate

Thursday, March 7, 2024

Why Cats Eat Grass

  

 

 

We have been taking care of a colony of outdoor cats for a long time and in that time, we have observed the cats eating grass.  The cats do not eat any type of grass they seem to know what grass is best.  After they consume the grass the cats’ vomit so I assumed the grass was to cure stomach upset.

 

outdoor cat eating grass

On other occasions the outdoor cats will eat grass and they do not vomit.  My veterinarian told me that grass is high in fiber and that it can help the cats with digestion and constipation. 

 

In addition to high fiber content, grass also contains folic acid.  Without enough folic acid, cats can develop anemia and a lack of oxygen.

 

cat grass I grew my cat likes it

When I learned this I decided to grow grass for my indoor cats so I bought the grass seed package and planter that was being sold at Pet Smart and Amazon.  What I noticed is that my cats really like grass.  They seem to like the taste.  I like the grass because the chlorophyll in the grass helps to keep their breath fresh.

 

Very easy to grow water once and seeds germinate

If you have indoor cats then its best to grow grass for them.  Its not wise to just let your cat outdoors to grass in your neighborhood because many lawns are treated with chemicals, pesticides, weed killers and those chemicals will hurt your cat. 

No comments: