Translate

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

White Manx Cat Found





We found a rare white Manx cat in our yard and at first, we thought it was a neighborhood stray, but when we found that it was living in our yard we thought it was abandoned. (Sleeping in the grass garden, or under the side deck) 

We ruled out feral quickly due to it not hissing at people, and not running away from humans. That is not to say that the cat does not walk away when we come close to it but unlike feral cats. When I approach the cat it walks to a safe distance and sits down.

Whenever we find a stray cat living in our yard we do feed it and give it water while searching for its people. Normally I take photographs of the cat and post a flyer around the neighborhood and on local bulletin boards. I also put a flyer in the mailboxes with the cat's information along with how to contact me.

A woman five houses away called and told me that the cat looks a lot like the kittens from a house two doors down from me. They had a Manx cat but instead of putting the kittens up for adoption they just opened the garage. I learned this occurred ten years ago and that this woman said she had trapped a white Manx cat and had it spayed and vaccinated before releasing.

So if this is the same cat then it was part of the TNR program and I guess found its way to a neighbor who cared for it / adopted the cat I do not know. I do know that a neighbor recently moved and this white cat recently found its way to my yard.

Our thinking is that the people that moved may have left the cat behind, or maybe they were the cats caretaker and now the cat has found its way to my yard. So many unanswered questions.

My husband and I have decided to get the cat dependent upon us for food and water then trap it and take it into the veterinarian to check for a microchip.

In the meantime I call this cat Honey…

Here is a photo I captured of her
Manx cat at feeding station


No comments: