Translate

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Rare White Manx Cat


Today while working in my garden I discovered a white cat hiding in the liriope ornamental grass garden. The cat just assumed I could not see it but it was white and that color does stand out.

 Whenever cats come to our yard it is customary to put out a bowl of food and water. We have no idea if they are a stray, feral, or visiting neighborhood or an abandoned cat. But like all guests that visit we offer them a bite to eat and a beverage.
White cat hiding in the grass garden

The cat watched me put down the food but instead of going to the feeding station, it was hesitant. The Manx did not move toward the food bowl until I was a good 40 feet away

When the cat stood up I realized that it had no tail, it also looked like its back legs were longer than the front. The cat was rare white Manx. On closer inspection, I found that it had light calico colors of tan and light gray, but these colors were close to its ears and the rest of the body was a solid white. 

I wondered what this Manx cat was doing in my yard, wondered if it had gotten out of the house, and had wandered too far. Perhaps it was visiting and would go home. It was too early to know why this white Manx cat was sleeping in my garden but I planned to watch it for signs of being a feral stray, abandoned, or a neighborhood cat.

Here is a photo of the rare white Manx Cat






No comments: